The Executive Council of The Federation of Irish Beekeepers’ Associations recognises that child protection and welfare considerations must be reflected in the organisations policies, practices and activities. Accordingly and in line with the Children First: National Guidance for the Protection and Welfare of Children the Executive Council of the Federation of Irish Beekeepers’ Associations has agreed the following child protection policy:
1. The Executive Council acknowledges the Principles of good practice for the Protection of Children and Young People as outlined in the Department Of Children and Youth Affairs guideline ‘Our Duty to Care Document’ for Voluntary Organisations.
2. The Designated Liaison Person (DLP) is: Stuart Hayes
3. The Deputy Designated Liaison Person (Deputy DLP) is: Eleanor Attridge
4. In its policies, practices and activities, The Federation of Irish Beekeepers’ Associations will adhere to the following principles of best practice in child protection and welfare:
The EC on behalf of the organisation and its membership will:
Recognise that the protection and welfare of children is of paramount importance, regardless of all other considerations;
Fully co-operate with the relevant statutory authorities in relation to child protection and welfare matters;
Adopt safe practices to minimise the possibility of harm or accidents happening to children and protect workers from the necessity to take unnecessary risks that may leave themselves open to accusation of abuse or neglect;
Develop a practice of openness with parents and encourage parental involvement in the education of their children; and
Fully respect confidentiality requirements in dealing with child protection matters.
5. The Federation of Irish Beekeepers’ Associations “Code of Behaviour” was reviewed and ratified by the EC on 28th January 2017 and will be reviewed and updated on a regular basis.
6. This Policy will be readily accessible through the Federation’s website.
7. This policy will be reviewed by the Executive Council on a regular basis.
This policy was adopted by resolution of the Executive Council of the Federation of Irish Beekeepers’ Associations on 22nd April 2017
President, The Federation of Irish Beekeepers’ Associations
Hon. Secretary, The Federation of Irish Beekeepers’ Associations
A copy of the policy can be downloaded here