The books in this list are set out in the usual format used in the book trade. The number of each volume is followed by the author; then the title followed by the edition, the date and the number of pages.
There are other abbreviations used: CAB refers to the lectures delivered to the Central Association of Beekeepers. The initials IBRA after an entry indicate those published by the International Bee Research Association. Where possible the country of origin is given. All Irish publications are indicated as are those published in the US. The bulk of the books are English and these are not indicated.
When ordering books please order by number. This makes it easier to send on the right book.
Borrowers are allowed to borrow two books at a time for a period of one month. those who have not borrowed previously from the Library should furnish a letter from their Association secretary confirming their current membership.
Books must be ordered by post not over the telephone.
Mr Jim Ryan
Tel No: 0504-22228
The FIBKA library of DVD’s is maintained by our Video Librarian: Mary Montaut. If you would like to request the loan of these DVDs, you can contact Mary at firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 01 286 0497
DVDs kindly made and supplied by Denis McCarthy (Cork BKA). These DVDs are unique and MUST NOT BE COPIED or lent except from the Video Library of FIBKA. They are the intellectual property of the lecturers.
The following DVDs are recordings of lectures at Gormanston.
FIBKA Library List 2017
- Ralph Büchler: Basics of Colony Health & Sustainable Disease
- Ralph Büchler: Selection on Resistance to Varroa Destructor
- Ralph Büchler: Colony Losses & the Role of Pesticides
- Jamie Ellis: Biology of the Honey Bee
- Jamie Ellis: Honey Bee Colonies as Superorganisms
- Jamie Ellis: Sustainability of Beekeeping in the 21st Century
- Dr. Mary Coffey: Honey Bee Health
- Michael Maunsell: Colony Evaluation & Record Keeping
- Professor Robert Paxton: Social Organization of the Honeybee Colony (The Dark Side of the Hive)
- Professor Robert Paxton: More than the Common Cold: Viruses of the Honeybee
- Professor Robert Paxton: The Doom and Gloom of Nosema – or is it all Hype?
- Professor Robert Paxton: A Journey Through Space and Time in Search of Bees
- Michael Maunsell, FIBKA Education Officer: Hygienic Behaviour for Beekeepers
- Eleanor Attridge, FIBKA Bee Health Officer: Winning at the National Honey Show
- Professor Thomas Seeley: The Dance Language of Honeybees
- Professor Thomas Seeley: The Bee Hive as a Honey Factory
- Professor Thomas Seeley: Hive Thirst
- Professor Thomas Seeley: Honeybee Democracy
- Professor Thomas Seeley: The Flight Guidance Mechanisms of Honeybee Swarms
- Thomas Prendergast: Stock Increase
- Noel Power: Controlling Bees and Working for Honey
NOTE: These DVDs have received special permission from the lecturers for FIBKA use only. They may not be copied and are only available to FIBKA member Associations.
The Librarian will post DVD’s out to Association Secretaries on request and the Association concerned will pay the return postage. Associations can borrow a maximum of two DVD’s at any one time.
Associations can hold a DVD for a period of two weeks and must return it within this time period.
DVD’s are the property of FIBKA and must be replaced if lost or damaged.
The following sets of slides on Beekeeping topics are available to Federation Lecturers and Association Secretaries. Each set comes with explanatory notes.
- Activities of Worker Honeybees:- 8 Slides
- Composition of the Colony:- 12 Slides
- Activities within the Colony:- 12 Slides
- Foraging Bees:- 12 Slides
- Bumble Bees Life History:- 8 Slides
- Queen Rearing / Introduction:- 12 Slides
- Seasonal Management of Honey Bees:- 18 Slides
- Bumble Bee Life Cycle Colony:- 8 Slides
- The Honey Bee:- 8 Slides
- Hive Types and Other Equipment:- 18 Slides
- Please contact the Video Librarian to arrange to hire them.